Product Development Committe
Oracle Technology Beta Testing Home
||APOUC / ODTUG
The Beta Testing Program is a joint initiative of the IOUC Product Development Committee and Oracle. This initiative provides a structured approach to include members of Oracle User Groups in the Server Technology Beta Programs. The overall goal is to allow selected user group members to do in depth testing and analysis of Oracle's new products and releases in order to help Oracle deliver better products to market. As a beta testing participant, you will perform in-depth testing of the next generation of Oracle products. This will help you to build your personal knowledge base, become an industry recognized technology leader, and help influence Oracle's future product direction.
The Server Technologies Beta Program office offers beta test programs for all Oracle Technology products, including; Oracle Database, Oracle Application Server, Oracle Collaboration Suite, Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control, Oracle Business Intelligence and Oracle Enterprise Search.
Goals – Beta Testing Program
- Develop repeatable process for incorporating user community in hands on testing and validation of major new releases.
- Open a direct line of communication between Oracle & the user community to achieve better products.
- Obtain IOUC endorsement of new features.
- Reduce inhibitors to new feature adoption.
Registration - Beta Testing Program
- Registration is accepted only for Oracle users who are members of one of the global user groups.
- Once registered (using link above) you will be on the list of potential future participants for the tests.
- For each upcoming test event the list will be checked for suitable participants for that particular test.
- Participants will be noted and connected with the testing team for farther instruction and preparations for the test.
Criteria – Beta Testing Program
The following items are requirements for selection:
- Has licensed and implemented current version of Oracle products.
- Must sign the Oracle Confidential Disclosure Agreement.
- Willing to travel at own expense to B-TESTING meetings.
- Follows aggressive implementation schedule and is willing to uptake future releases quickly.
- Considered “Best of the breed” in databases and IT processes and has a strong vision on how Oracle would help to improve applications efficiency.
- Has an interesting customer profile: eg. Large-scale of implementation (# of users, # of Oracle products), brand name, new / innovative business and technologies.
- Preferably is an industry/sector leader that will be willing to offer strong contacts for the B-TESTING program and success.
- Preferably has implemented multiple Oracle Applications products.
- Optionally, participates in product pre-release testing.
- B-TESTING meetings will be conducted in English, and members are expected to have a good command of the English language.
- Organization must be a User Group Member
- Must be willing to present to User Groups once any new functionality is in the public domain
- Feedback to User Group is subject to agreement by B-TESTING Owner.
Return to the IOUC PDC Home Page